Every time I drive by a house with a Romney sign in the front yard (here in CT usually accompanied by a “Linda” sign), I think: “Here are people who can’t deal with 2012.” The Republican mantra: “Take Back the Country” screams of a longing for days of yore. Here is a list of what I imagine they yearn to go back to:
• Back to the days when a Black man could never be elected President.
• Back to the days when women had no choice if they became pregnant.
• Back to the days when unequal pay for women was accepted as just common sense.
• Back to the days when the poor had no government assistance and the jobless had no unemployment insurance.
• Back to the days when the elderly had no health insurance or social security.
• Back to the days when education was a privilege rather than a right.
• Back to the days when you had to hide in the shadows if you were gay.
• Back to the days when Asians and Latinos/Latinas should “go back where they came from.”
• Oh, yeah, did I mention back to the days when a Black guy would never be elected President?